Friday, August 8, 2014

Thoughts on The Amazing World of Gumball

Milk tea and Gumball Waterson
I decided to have this part on my blog, aside from the book spotlights where I discuss (write, rather) about fictional things other than books, like t.v. shows, plays, characters, ships and so much more. Plus, the best part is I drink tea while I write this! Yayy for tea!

So this is a "Tea and Thought" about one of the most amusing shows on television, The Amazing World of Gumball. Why did I choose to write about this and moreover, why in the freaking hell did I put milk in my tea? First of all, I got home and Gumball was on t.v. and I couldn't stop laughing at their crazy antics. So a thought popped in my mind, "What if I put this on my blog?" So here we are, folks. About the milk in my tea..at first, my tea was just your regular old Lipton tea then, I decided to milk it up a bit. (Haha? Ok not funny, I know.) It tastes pretty good, actually. Besides, cold milk tea is quite popular these days, so why not try it hot.

ME WHILE WRITING THIS DOWN.
Anyway, my thoughts on the show... well, Gumball is one of those shows that when you initially look at it you'd think it's only for kids but to be honest, people who are "too old" to watch it (like me!) actually enjoy it. I mean, what's funnier than a dysfunctional rabbit-cat family with a fat, lazy father and a workaholic mom with anger management issues? Let's not forget the genius of the family, Anais and Darwin, the fish out of water. Of course there's the star of the show, Gumball. He's sarcastic and stupid. Their school has a talking t-rex as a bully, romance between a cactus and a balloon, a cute almond-peanut girl, a banana dude and this weird ghost goth chick. There's still a lot I haven't mentioned, though.


Overall, Gumball is a show I can easily relate to. There are lot of situations where I can put myself in the place of the characters. It's not childish, it's actually quite fun. It would take a real boring person not to appreciate Gumball. Even my mom watches it! (lol that sounded awkward). The characters are quirky and the storylines are light and funny. Sometimes you laugh at their stupidity and the next minute, Darwin's spurting out words of wisdom. The show's randomness is seriously charming.  I remember that episode when their teacher crashed their party and caused more damage than the students. Yep, the show certainly is one of my faves and I won't allow you to judge me because of it.

Greetings from the Watersons,














No comments:

Post a Comment